Saint Mark’s Basilica in-depth
An immersion into the golden atmosphere of the Basilica. This tours takes you into the most beautiful parts of Saint Mark's church which, during a normal sightseeing, you don't visit. Your guide will tell you about the byzantine golden mosaics, will take you inside the high altar area to admire the Pala D'Oro, the medieval altar screen of gold enamels. From the upper Gallery, where the Museum is located, you have a fantastic overview of Saint Mark's square and of the interior of the church
In the Museum you can admire the original famous 4 horses in bronze from Costantinople and have a magnificent overview of the golden mosaics
Please note: choose this tour only if you are in good physic shape because there many steep steps to get into the upper Gallery.
The tour includes:
- A brief explanation of Saint Mark's square
- Interior of Saint Mark's Basilica using the skip-the line special entry*
- Explanation of the golden mosics
- Visit of Pala d'Oro, or Golden Screen, decorating the back part of the high altar. A magnificent piece of jewelry made of enamels and gold
Visit of the Museum on the upper Gallery of the church. There you can admire the original 4 horses in bronze taken from Costantinople in 1204. From the Gallery you can take beautiful pictures of of Saint Mark's square and have beautiful views over the lagoon
* Please note that with "high water" we cannot guarantee the skip-the-line entry. Basilica dress-code: you are requested to cover your knees and shoulders - On Sundays and religious festivities the church opens 2pm - 4:30pm. From 1 March to 31 October
Museums & Churches
Saint Mark's Basilica: skip-the-line entry €2. On Sundays and religious festivities the basilica opens 2pm - 4:30pm
* Prices might be subject to change. Please visit the official website(s).
For further information contact us at email@example.com