This private guided tour will take you inside the most important and iconic buildings in Venice:
- The Doge’s Palace* and Saint Mark’s Basilica. Inside these buildings you’ll have the opportunity to learn about some of the history, art, and culture of the old Republic of Venice. The Doge’s Palace is considered one of the most impressive, both historically and in grandeur, secular buildings in Italy.
Inside the Doge's Palace you will see:
- the magnificent halls of the old Venetian government, so richly decorated by the most notable artists of the sixteenth century; the Doge’s private quarters where the most influential and powerful men of their times lived; you’ll cross the harrowing Bridge of Sighs, where prisoners of the state would glimpse their last patch of sky before meeting their fate; and you’ll be chilled by the prison cells where you can still see the messages carved into the walls.
Inside the Basilica you will see:
- its famous golden mosaics, rare examples of Byzantine art; beautiful marble mosaics covering the floor and marble slabs covering the walls; the "Pala d'Oro" (the Golden Altarpiece) rich in enamels. Accessible through the Basilica is the Gallery with the original bronze horses brought from Constantinople during the second crusade (special ticket).
* Due to new security checks the entrance to the Doge's Palace may be slow down.
** Please note that with "high water" we cannot guarantee the skip-the-line entry. Basilica dress-code: you are requested to cover your knees and shoulders - On Sundays and religious festivities the church opens 2pm - 4:30pm. From 1 March to 31 October
Museums & Churches
Doge's Palace: €20 (concessions €13). Closed on December 25 and New Year's Eve
Saint Mark's Basilica: skip-the-line entry €2. On Sundays and religious festivities the basilica opens 2pm - 4:30pm
* Prices might be subject to change. Please visit the official website(s).
For further information contact us at email@example.com