The first approach to understand a country is to smell and taste it! This tour will introduce you to the traditional Rialto market and San Polo district and will give you the opportunity to eat amazing "cicheti" and taste local wine in some of the best Venetian Bacari (wine bars).
The tour includes:
- The Rialto bridge, the only bridge over the Grand Canal until the Nineteenth century, to learn about its history and enjoy one of the greatest view of the Grand Canal
- Campo San Giacometto, centre of international commercial and financial activities of the old Republic of Venice, to find out where the first banks and the corner for public proclamations were located.
- The traditional morning food market , full of stalls brimming with local vegetables and all kinds of fish and shellfish, where you can breathe the most authentic daily life atmosphere.
- San Polo discrict, through narrow and picturesque alleys, bridges and squares to discover the "hidden Venice" and the old disreputable red light district of the city.
- One or two stops in a traditional bacaro (Venetian wine bar) to taste the typical "cicheti" (small tapa-style snacks) with a good glass of local wine
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org